Yes, we have the finest healthcare in the world but there is plenty of work to do to make it fair and affordable.
Start with Medicare for example:
- Medicare is fixated on price instead of cost. Don’t underestimate the damage caused by this insidious short sightedness.
- Competition is not just discouraged it is outlawed!
- The best and worst, the most efficient and the biggest wasters all get paid the same.
Pressing needs include:
- Insurance reform
- Tort reform
- Universal Electronic Medical Record
- Fair treatment for the working poor who are not eligible for Medicaid but cant afford private insurance.
Please consider our diagnosis and prescription for preserving the good in our system and fixing only that which is broken:
The video below illustrates some of the lunacy of our present healthcare system and has a little fun doing so. What if air travel (that paragon of efficiency) worked like our health care system? Hmmmmm…